Monday, August 5, 2013

Hello again! 

It's been a long 8 months since my last post, but they were good nonetheless!

I've made it through another 23 units at school, and I'm looking forward to starting again August 19th. This is my final year at community college and I'm hoping it goes well! I'll be applying for transfer this Fall, so keep your fingers crossed I get accepted! I've been doing well, so I hope the wonderful admission officers see that! 

Well it seems like 2013 has already gone way too fast. We're about 2/3 of the way through. I've been busy with you guessed it- school and work! But with all the hard work and effort, I know it'll pay off someday. Maybe I'll recap on some highlights through the last few months. 

January. Well! I kicked off the wonderful new year with friends on Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena for the 2013 Tournament of Roses Parade. We found a place to sleep on the sidewalk and we camped out in the 38-40 degree weather and watched the parade the next morning. Having been in the parade, it was special for me! It was however, nice to actually celebrate the countdown and then cheer my friends on at PCC Honor band the next day. Partying on Colorado Blvd. for New Years is definitely something I'd do again! Maybe next year. ;]



February. Nothing too exciting! I started my Spring semester, and focused on school! I even spent my Valentines Day in the chemistry lab. ;] literally.... 

March. Another busy month at school and work. Oh, and I started dating my current boyfriend :] he's great. ♥

April. This was an eventful month! First, I made a trip up to the Sacramento area with my brother and my two cousins to visit our Uncle. We had a great time visiting San Francisco, Auburn and Lake Tahoe. It was a long overdue trip to see our very amazing Uncle, and I cannot wait to do it again! :]







Also, my friend and I hosted our first Fight Back event at the local Relay for Life. We have participated in the event for many many years, but it was our first year serving on the committee and hosting an important aspect in the event. Although the wind was a little crazy, it went very well. We didn't get too much foot traffic through our tent, but of the few people we talked to, I'm so happy and relieved that they walked away more educated on how to prevent and fight back against cancer. It's inspiring to see everyone out at the event to come together to celebrate, remember and fight back! If you have never been to a relay for life event, I definitely recommend you look up one near you! They're all across the country!  

May. The last month of my spring semester! Boy was it long. I nearly went crazy. Glad I passed all of my classes. Not only that, I received some honors and awards from my participation in some school clubs. I became a permanent member in the California Community College Honor's Society "Alpha Gamma Sigma" and also received a recognition award on behalf of the science club. Altogether, I'm happy with joining these clubs, and I am so looking forward to both of them in the next semester! Besides, I'm lucky enough to be an officer in both clubs! 

June. Started my first session of summer school. I just took an English 101 class and a Communications 101 class. They were both pretty easy, but since it was over 8 weeks instead of 16, it was fast paced! I definitely had some all nighters preparing essays and speeches. Also, I took a pretty rad hike at The Devil's Punchbowl with the science club! It was so awesome, and I hope we can do it again someday soon.


July. The most recent! I kicked off the month with a trip down to Long Beach to visit a good friend and to visit the CSU Long Beach campus. It was so great to catch up and also visit the beautiful university! I may apply there in the Fall. Also, I started a new diet( gluten free! I hope it has a positive impact on my well-being, and maybe even clears up my skin. I'm still learning how to eat gluten free, but with the help of friends and Trader Joes and Pinterest, I've made it through two weeks! 



Now we're all caught up. In review, I feel like my summer was definitely not the most exciting. All I did was school and work with a few cold visits to the beach in between. I have two weeks left, and part of it will be spent with four holes in my mouth. This week I'll have my impacted wisdom teeth removed. (Yay! Right?) Other than that, I hope to relax and prepare for what looks like a busy semester. Heck, I might give the beach another chance to prove me wrong and actually be warm, or maybe even tour UC Irvine or UC Santa Barbara. We shall see! Hope everyone has a great week! 

Enjoy this silly video. Harlem Shake: Doggy Edition

~Marcea 

No comments: