Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bitter Sweet

Sorry for the long intervals between posts!

I hope everyone is having a fine and dandy summer vacation. So far, I've had a good summer. I'm getting ample amounts of sleep, I'm hanging out with my friends, I got no homework, and I can sit down and watch as much CSI as I'd like.... :D

On Monday, June 22nd, I went with Kevin, Hailey, and Kyra to Magic Mountain for Hailey's birthday. It was a nice day out, and I'm proud to say we hit up every awesome ride! X2 was definately the scariest ride i've ever been on...and i'm afraid to do it again. haha. I must say though, the new ride Terminator was pretty awesome. It was much more fun than I thought it would be. The day was really great, and I had an good time screaming my head off, and getting soaked on Roaring Rapids. :D

Drum Major camp is starting tomorrow! I'm so super excited! I've been looking forward to this experience all summer, and I'm glad it's finally here. Mitch, Chelsea, and I will be at the USA DM Camp hosted at UCLA from July 16-19. When I get back, i'll post some pictures!

So far, I've watched quite a bit of movies this summer, and I plan on watching a lot more! Some include, Sabrina, Ms. Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Blast from the Past, The Devil Wears Prada, My Sisters Keeper, The Proposal, Dragonfly, Steel Magnolias, Family Man, and just today I went and saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I enjoyed some more than others, but all were not a disappointment.

I'm sure all of you that read this have heard of our musical selections for the upcoming marching season. Riverdance for the field show, and The Aviators by John Phillip Sousa for the March. If you guys want the music file, I can email it to you. :)

Just the other week, I was invited to Ventura Beach with Kyle's family. It was a beautiful day, and I am really happy I went. We built a Sand Castle/Fortress thing, caught crabs in the rocks, (Or more like, watched Connor chase them) and just in general soaked up the sun. The following day, my mom decided to take our family down to the beach too. Instead of Ventura though, we went a little farther to a nice day beach, Faria. The weather was beautiful, and we got to enjoy yet another day at the beach with some friends. Towards the end of our trip, this sea lion came out of the ocean, walked up on the beach, and got up on the rocks right next to us. It didn't look too good, and I figured it was probably dying due a natural release of Domoic Acid in that area of the ocean. Although it was a sad realization, we left before we watched anymore of the poor creature's pain. Altogether it was a nice trip.

Well, it's almost 4, and I havn't started packing for DM Camp which is in less than 24 hours. I hope everyone has a very lovely rest of the week, and a nice weekend!

♥Marcea

No comments: