Thursday, August 9, 2012

Keeping Up

I cannot believe it is already August. Time flies by way too fast.

In my last post, I mentioned some of the highlights of my summer thus far. Besides the Maryland trip, I have been visiting a lot of friends who are back in town for summer and such. Just recently I even went to a Line Dancing Club in Thousand Oaks with some coworkers. Even though this "tush push" video taught me some moves, I was definitely not prepared for all the dances I saw that night! I had a blast, and I will definitely have to practice more for next time. :]

In my spare time (which I have had a lot of) I have been starting a new hobby...nail art! I was inspired by my good friend, Holly, when she showed me how to water marble the nail polish. Since then, I have been painting my nails in all sorts of different ways! It has been real fun trying new colors and new designs out. The possibilities are endless. Growing up, I never painted my nails because I was a total tom-boy, but now I can't stand to look at my hands without nail polish on them! A very helpful lady on YouTube by the name of Collette has posted some amazing video tutorials on water marbling and other forms of nail art. You can find her channel if you click here. I'll post some pictures below of some of my recent creations!

Fourth of July nails

Blue water marble

Pink and Yellow gradient with Black Crackle

Olympic nails! Blue and Red gradient with Silver Crackle polish

"Tire Tracks" White nail polish with Black Crackle polish

Besides inhaling probably way too much Nail Polish Remover fumes, I have thoroughly enjoyed experimenting with my nail art! Sometime soon I plan to try "newspaper nails" where you transfer the ink from a newspaper onto your nail. I heard it even works with sheet music, and since I have tons of that laying around, I'll probably do that design instead. 

I am still in denial about school resuming this month. We start classes on the 20th, and I know that once school hits, there will be no free time whatsoever. It looks like when I am not in class, I will be at work. And when I am supposed to be sleeping, I will be doing homework. Sounds like the life to me! Just focusing on me, me and me. I cannot wait to be done with college. 

I guess I shouldn't say I will be solely be focusing on me. I will make a stronger effort to spend my free time with friends and family. Today I had the opportunity to get together with some friends from high school. My good friend, Joe, made an excellent point that we should be more grateful for each other, and try to spend what little time we may have together. Just recently, two boys who graduated from our high school back in 2010 and 2011 were both involved in different traffic accidents which cost them their lives. Rest in Peace to Kyle and Mark. They were both so young, and to have them gone this soon is extremely sad. Death is always going to be a part of life, but we need to cherish all the time we can on Earth. Hopefully you'll choose to spend that extra minute or two telling someone you love them, or are grateful to have them in your life! 

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
-Romans 13:8

On that note, I will say Good Night! I shall be posting more frequently! :]
~Marcea


No comments: