Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

It's Sunday, September 2nd, and Labor Day Weekend. Apparently this is proof to what a poor social life I have because I've been stuck at home by myself every night! (And have no plans for tomorrow either!) This of course would not be so bad if my family were home for the weekend, but they're all out of town doing their own fun things! Boohoo. The only positive thing about this, is that I have plenty of time to do homework, including the wretched Anthropology Test I had to take online this weekend. Oh, and I suppose it allows time for my finger to heal. I cut it pretty bad at work on Saturday....I would post a picture, but I'm sure you wouldn't be too pleased to see it if you were squeamish. In short, I sliced my index finger on the deli slicer and it went rather deep. Instead of getting stitches,  I just wrapped the heck out of it. Bad choice, because now I will have a HUGE chunk out of my finger once it "heals". It's hard to explain. I'll post a picture at the end of this post so you have the option to scroll all the way down and see it if you choose to. I just can't stop looking at it...it's horrific, but so interesting as well. Oh, and it's been seriously throbbing since I cut it. :[ A huge thanks to my friend who has helped clean it up, and keep it in the best shape possible. Haha, I can't wait until my parents come home for the weekend and find out what damage I have done to my important digit. Oh well.

Speaking of blood and such, I did a very bloody thing last Thursday. I donated blood to the American Red Cross for the first time! I have always wanted to donate blood, and once I heard about the Church across the street hosting a blood drive, I decided it was the perfect opportunity. I went after work with two coworkers, and I ended up being the only one able to donate! One friend was underweight, and the other was low on iron in her blood. I almost was deemed as unable to give blood because when they were doing my preliminary interview, my pulse was too high. It turned out I was just nervous, so they allowed me a moment to relax and try to lower the pulse. After attempting to meditate (HAH), I was able to bring it down. All was well, and everything went great. I pumped my blood into that bag, and even had her show me it afterwards! Surprisingly, I didn't get dizzy, or anything. I honestly cannot wait to do it again in October.

So besides blood, I have been busy with school. I think I have already finished the first two weeks of the semester. Man. Have they been a difficult two weeks back!! I feel as if I took a dive into the deep end. Calculus, Anthropology, and even C Programming have been so incredibly fast-paced and difficult. I was considering dropping C Programming because I feared not being able to keep up, but after about a 4 hour-long study session with myself on Friday night (that's cool, right?), I was able to produce my first program in C language on the computer. I think it'll be a tough class, but at least I know I can produce something.

September already! Before you know it, it will be October, and then November (my birthday!) and then it'll be January 2013 before you know it. Goodness.

It seems as if I have run out of things to talk about. That's okay, because it is already getting late. Take care, and have a nice week everyone! I'll add some space to the end of this post, and share the picture of my finger. ;]

~Marcea

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



No comments: