Monday, October 8, 2012

Black & Blue

Hello everyone! It's October, i'm halfway through the school semester, and the weather is FINALLY starting to feel like Fall! I apologize for not blogging as frequently as I said I would. I have been busy with school and all the homework and studying that accompanies it.

Until today, I hadn't realized how fast this semester has already gone. It's been a long, treacherous  journey (okay, not really), but I think it has been a good one thus far. In the past few weeks I have learned 1) to hate math (specifically vector calculus), 2)That I stink at computer programming, 3)That I love Chemistry more than I did in high school, and 4)Anthropology is interesting, but I never want to take another class like that again. School has kept me so busy lately, and right now I should probably be studying or something. But I have a lot to say, and I often think of things to include in my next blog post, and then when I sit down to type it all out, I forget over half of it. Maybe I should be jotting it down on a notepad as I go along in my day. Hah. ;]

Another thing I have been involved with at school is a new organization called Alpha Iota. It's a chapter of the organization Alpha Gamma Sigma, which has multiple chapters through California. It is an honors group at AVC that has members who meet a certain GPA requirement. I joined it this semester, and became an active member. Every Friday, we host meetings, and I am so glad I have joined! They do a lot of community service, and other events in the community, and I am so glad to be back doing volunteering and fundraising for the community. Back in middle school, our CJSF (California Junior Scholarship Foundation) was very active in the community, but when I joined CSF(California Scholarship Foundation) in high school, there was not one event that we came together to do. In Alpha Iota, there is so much that they do as a club, and I am really looking forward to participating in it as much as I can. As of right now, it's a little difficult to make it to the events between my work and school hours, but I will figure out how to make it work. If anyone is interested, check out the website here. www.alphaiota.wordpress.com

Which leads me to my next exciting and unimportant update about me! I got the new iPhone 5! I paid quite a chunk of money for that baby, but it is so worth it. September was my month for an upgrade (after waiting for two years), and I took advantage of the release of this new iPhone. What a difference when compared to my old flip phone! I am not glued to my phone, but I am definitely taking advantage of the nice camera, and of course, Instagram! Too many people are criticizing the iPhone, but hey, I think it's great! In the battle between iPhone and Android, it all boils down to preference. You wouldn't believe the number of people who have tried to convince me I wasted my money, and should have gotten the Android phone. Silly people, it's JUST A PHONE.

September was kind of a "slump" month for me. My friend even joked that September is always a lame month! Although there were some highlights, when I look back on the month overall, it really wasn't the best. I started it out with a wound to my finger, and ended it tired, and under too much stress from school. And of course lots of stress, homework, and drama in between. That is being rather pessimistic, but I am just glad to say it is over now! Onto to October, and soon...November! My favorite month! (I wonder why ;])

October has been pretty great! Can't believe we are already going into the second week though! Last Friday, I had yet another one of the best nights of my life. I went to my second Jason Mraz concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Not only was that amazing musician there, but Christina Perri opened for him as well! Those two are both such talented, and amazing musicians. To say I had a great time is an understatement! The tour was promoting his new album "Love is a Four Letter Word", but he also played a lot of older songs as well. I took my mother, and altogether, we had a great night. I promise myself that I will go to every single one of his concerts as long as it's close enough! I love that man! ♥ Jason Mraz ♥


Here is a view of the stage from where we were sitting! I thought we had some pretty great seats! :] Totally worth the whole paycheck I spent on those tickets! 


Another thing I am particularly looking forward to this month is the next social dance at the studio I used to take ballroom dance lessons from. Every month, they host a social dance on a Sunday evening where anyone can come and dance to all different types of ballroom; salsa, tango, cha cha, waltz, swing, and even more. The next event is on October 28th, so if anyone is interested, hit me up, and I will give you more details :]

I intended for this post to be longer, but I will end it soon because I am way too tired. On a last note, I realized something today....girls are so much prettier without make up! Don't get me wrong, accenting your beauty is fine, but drawing all over your eyes, lips and brows just doesn't compare to the natural look of your face. I'm doing an October Photo Challenge on Instagram (lame, I know), and today the subject was "No Makeup". I will not lie, I was a bit hesitant actually posting a picture of me without makeup on the internet for the world to see! However, I think it went good! After posting it, I went through and checked out what other girls posted, and I actually felt like those pictures were prettier than the fake ones you see all over Facebook, Twitter, etc. I think from now on, I'm going to lay off from all the foundation, eyeliner, mascara and such, and take advantage of my nice skin, and natural beauty! You're all beautiful!

~Marcea

2 comments:

R.A. said...

I am glad you joined Alpha Iota.
Are you in the Honors Program? You should be.

~M said...

Yes, I am in the honors program as well :]