Saturday, September 15, 2012

Procrastination Post

Hello!

It's Saturday night, and I am supposed to be doing homework, but as usual, I've preoccupied my time with other things. I am so mentally exhausted from school this week, I'm surprised I made it all the way through to Friday without completely shutting down my brain. Here is to another busy week ahead!

Hmmm....where should we start?
Updates!

My finger has healed extremely fast...and it looks fantastic! While repairing the damage, we left the skin attached rather than pulling it off. Thankfully, this allowed more protection for the wound to heal, and a nice shape for the new skin to grow back into! It's looking so good, and it's repairing at a very quick pace. I still, however, cannot feel anything since all the nerves are cut in that tip. At least I can proudly say I am typing with it! Here is a recent photo:

It is all pink, and hopefully healthy! :] Sooo glad to have my finger back!

On the topic of fingers, I have a new nail manicure to show off! It's called my "Galaxy" nails. I didn't come up with the design myself- I actually found a tutorial on YouTube. It'll take some more practice before I get the hang of it, but here it is! 
I also water-marbled my mom's nails today for the first time. That was quite an experience! haha. It was a trial run for her charity function next Friday. By then, we should have it down, and super cute! :]


Another update, but not so cheery. Last Saturday, on September 8th, Grandpa Hendrix passed away. He was the grandfather to one of my very best friends. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet him when I visited Maryland this past summer. Not only did he open his home to me, but his love as well. Since I grew up without grandparents, Grandma and Grandpa Hendrix were some of the closest things I have had when it comes to Grandparents. They were so loving, and I had a wonderful time for the entire two weeks I was there. Grandpa Hendrix was a wonderful man who cared so very much for his wife, his family, and his community. He was so loving, and caring....and even quite the joker! His funeral services were in Maryland, and although I wish I could have gone, it was seemingly impossible between work and school. May he rest in peace. ♥ He is an angel in Heaven looking over us all. Prayers to all of his family and friends. Here is a nice obituary in honor of him.  Love you, Grandpa Hendrix!

On another note, there is a lot of interesting things going on with politics in our country. As most of you know (hopefully all of you know) there is am upcoming Presidential election in November. Obviously, it will be between the Democratic incumbent, Barack Obama, and the Republican candidate, Mitt Romney. I'm not here to tell you who you should vote for, or which candidate is going to ruin your life should you cast a vote for him, but I'm here to tell you why I think it's important to know how your vote counts, and why you should participate! A lot of responsibility has been given to us as citizens of the United States to have a voice in choosing our leaders. If everybody thought to themselves, "oh, my vote doesn't count, so why should I vote?", then we'd have a lot of people not voting, and thus skewing an accurate result of the people's choices. If you're unsure about the candidates, then do some research. Of course, no one can force you to vote, and if you're completely against both of them, that is okay too. But I find too many people are basing their judgements off Facebook posts, and biased news channels before they do any research of their own. Check into the campaigns, and debates of these two politicians. Do some research of the actual political parties, and even check their voting records! There is a lot you can do. Listening to the news channels, reading the articles off Yahoo, and even seeing those horrible mud-slinging posts on Facebook are just clouding your opinion with false, and biased information. Please do your part as a United States citizen, and make informed decsions! If you're curious how the majority of the USA is going to vote in November, check out this website to play around with the numbers. It's quite interesting. Happy voting! Go America! P.S.- Stop with the mud-slinging, and trash-talking of the candidates. It's so pointless and lame! 

I'm on the hunt for a potter's wheel if you know of anyone who is selling one. They're pretty expensive, so I can't afford a new one. I'm sure if I ended up actually getting one- i'd be so preoccupied using it, that I would get absolutely nothing done around the house. There is nothing that can compare to the relaxing feeling of clay underneath your hands as it turns into a beautiful pot. I'm still learning so much, but I feel like I have come such a long way from last year when I first started. Here is a a picture of some of my upcoming pots. They have been fired once (Bisque Firing), and I will glaze them, and fire them once more before they're complete. 

So I am going to wrap this post up before my show, Saturday Night Live begins. I used to watch it religiously, and kind of fell through by the end of last season. By chance I found out that the season premiere is tonight with Seth MacFarlane, and Frank Ocean as host and musical guest. I'm not sure how I will be able to stay up and watch it all the way, but that is what recording DVR's are for! Anyways, take care, and have a great week!!

~Marcea

P.S.- I see "memes" all over Facebook, and usually they're pretty stupid, but I had to share this one that hit home. Sooo true! 

Good night, every body! :] ♥





No comments: