Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sunny Night

Ah. I love this hour. =]

Hmm, this week was fun! (I'm not being sarcastic) It was filled with band and test.......ya, I was kidding about not being sarcastic. Except, the band part was fun, but not the tests....

On Thursday, there was festival at Littlerock High....And frankly, I was a little disappointed with our performance....Symphonic Band did a SPECTACULAR job though. Concert Band, however only got an excellent for performance, and a superior for sightreading. An excellent is alright, but I knew our band could have done so much better....uggh, but i'm not perfect either.... I felt bad for my negativity that day....I just wish we could have "lived up to Symphonic Band's achievement"

The clinic and sightreading took place on the stage too...which was alright, because only Mr. Corlew and some other person was watching us do that....The judge who worked with us for the clinic was physco, she helped, but she scared me. If McQuilkin directed like that every day, then I would probably go insane.... The sightreading judge was pretty cool...except the fact that all the people in the front row were showered by his spit..... Well, overall, I really enjoyed it, and it reminded me of Forum Festival in middle school. (Hillview got gold!) Anyway, It was a fun experience, and i'm looking forward to next year.

Today was pretty eventful too. I woke up, and had poptarts! Woooh! haha...anyway...There was our last parade for the 07-08 year, The Almond Blossom Parade. It was kind of sad because a lot of people were missing, but it still was pretty fun. It was kind of hilarious that no one really remembered the march and all...and then Mr. McQuilkin told us we were playing Fantasmic too...AHH! I'm surprised I remembered. It was a cool parade, short, and really close to my house, I don't even know why we drove. After the parade, my mom and I enjoyed a nice stroll through the craft stands at the Almond Blossom Festival. It was pretty cool, except for the fact I was in my uniform, and I ended up getting a sore on the back of my heel from my marching shoes....oh, and the fact that all these creepy random people started talking to me about the parade. Hah, but I did convince one girl to join marching band next year at QHHS...that made me happy, especially because she was a clarinet player.

Well, I'm getting yelled at for being on the computer this late...and I do have to wake up tomorrow and go to Julia's to practice the trio with Missy. I just finished playing my clarinet from 10:30 to 12:00ish...because I didn't use my tape, my lip is totally cut up and hurt =[ ooh! daylight savings!! =]

Haha, well, see everyone later!
Good Night!/iBuenos Noches!
~Marcea

1 comment:

Julia said...

Solo/ensemble is over! I cant tell if I'm releived or not. I'm just tired. Gosh I'm so thankful for a vacation. It's rather exciting, even though I know I'll be bored this whole next week. I think I'll go rent Romeo and Juliet or Swing Kids. You should come over and watch them. We can actually sing along to the theme of Romeo and Juliet. Okay. Have a fun break.

-Julia