Monday, March 17, 2008

Vacaciones de Primavera


Happy St. Patrick's Day!




Hah, Wow! I'm sure glad spring break is here. I really do enjoy sleeping in, and not having to worry about fitting in homework with clarinet and soccer practice. But my break didn't start until Saturday night.

Well, on Saturday, Solo/Ensemble Festival took place. It was my fourth time attending this, so it wasn't anything new. I participated in 2 ensembles, and we recieved superior ratings for both. The first was a trio with my friends Julia and Melissa. The second ensemble was a clarinet nonet. We recieved a rating of superior, along with a command performance. I have to say i'm glad it's all over, but i'm also sad because it was so fun! I'm so glad I got to watch some of the other performances take place such as Clark, John, Josh, and Sheena's solos/ensembles. All of them were very enojoyable. Afterwards, Julia and I were invited to Sheena's house along with Josh and John. It was really fun, and i'm sure we did some damage to our eyes from watching John and Sheena battle expert on Guitar Hero. But i'm glad we went, and it was a good way to tie up the eventful Saturday.

I have to say that i'm pretty happy with how things are going around school. Benchmark testing is almost over, and I'm satisfied with my third quarter grades. Now I guess I can really relax. This week i'm looking forward to sleep, clarinet choir, more sleep, and a possibility of playing the new Mario Brothers Brawl at Kevin's house. Maybe there will be a day when I can get some friends together and do something. That would be fun.

Although i'm not Irish, I feel like I need to have a little more spirit. I think maybe i'll go bake some cookies and turn them green! Well, I should get going...

I hope everyone has a GREAT spring break, and that everyone has a fun, green St. Patrick's Day!


~Marcea

4 comments:

Sheena said...

cool pics...ahah glad s/e is over. good stuff.

happy st. patrick's day!!!!!

Josh said...

Happy St. Pattie's day!

We should talk to the other people in our nonet about playing MC3 for regionals...

nice title, btw

Julia said...

ha! reading your second to last paragraph reminded me that- hey! I'm Irish! i guess now that im aware of that fact i should take more pride in it. i should bake some green cookies too... nice pictures! yea- me duelen los ojos... still. oh well. im sure guitar hero didnt help whatsoever.

Priscila said...

what's up homeskillet?!?!?!? so neways i just wanted to comment, so here u go!